Sunday, June 10, 2012

Remote Desktop (MSTSC.EXE) on Windows Hyper-V 2012 aka effective use of your 1 machine Hyper-V server/client testlab

What I did:

-Copied the following files from \Windows\System32 on my x64 Windows 8 machine:
    • mstsc.exe
    • mstscax.dll
    • d2d1.dll
    • d3d11.dll
    • msacm32.dll
    • dxgi.dll
    • en-US\mstsc.exe.mui
    • en-US\mstscax.dll.mui

-Created folder structure on USB stick (folder for exe and dll files and sub folder for MUI files with name en-US.

I was able to run MSTSC without moving these files to there "original" location on the Windows Hyper-V 2012  Server.


2 comments:

  1. This is pretty slick. You've got a few gems here.
    I know I'm late to the party but I wanted to say thanks anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get an error message:
    "Could not load the Remote Desktop Service ActiveX control. Make sure mstscax.dll is in the path."

    ReplyDelete