!before you start you might want to make sure you backup existing docker images / containers!
- open Kitematic (cmd-space, kite, enter)
- open the docker cli by clicking button left bottom corner ("DOCKER CLI)"
- in the opened terminal run command:
I had 2 lines with names "dev" and "default"
- remove machines by running commands:
#docker-machine rm dev
#docker-machine rm default
- then I created a new default for using vmware fusion:
#docker-machine create dev -d vmwarefusion
Now restart kitematic, now kitematic should use vmware for the boot2docker instance.
- kitematic (part of toolbox): https://docker.com/toolbox