Monday, August 17, 2015

kitematic, OSX and vmware fusion


!before you start you might want to make sure you backup existing docker images / containers! 

  1. open Kitematic (cmd-space, kite, enter)
  2. open the docker cli by clicking button left bottom corner ("DOCKER CLI)"
  3. in the opened terminal run command:

    #docker-machine ls

    I had 2 lines with names "dev" and "default"

  4. remove machines by running commands:

    #docker-machine rm dev
    #docker-machine rm default


  5. then I created a new default for using vmware fusion:

    #docker-machine create dev -d vmwarefusion

Now restart kitematic, now kitematic should use vmware for the boot2docker instance.


Links:

3 comments:

  1. I did do it, seems to work, but you need to change the directions. You also need to create a machine on the 'default' zone. I did do that, restarted, now seems to run things, but won't download docker images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Michel
    Is it works with current Kitematic version?
    I have same problem. I want to play virtual machine using vmwarefusion on my mac but Kitematic destroys my VMwareFusion machine and creates new VirtualBox machine

    ReplyDelete